Breakfast – eggfast
I’ve gotta make a confession. While I love lunches and dinner eating whole30, breakfast is always a bit of an issue. Well not really an issue as such but I just get tired of eggs after a while. And sure you don’t have to eat eggs for breakfast every single day, but it is quick and convenient so in a lot of cases that is what we end up with. So in order to get some variation in it, I make this tomatobread.
It’s pretty good I have to say. It’s easy to make and than freeze in slices so I can always take out two slices in the morning. I quickly toast them in the toaster and they are ready to go. I love pairing it with some avocado and a boiled egg. I know… it’s again an egg, but still it is quite different from the ‘standard’ egg tortilla and of course you don’t háve to put an egg on it. Just the avocado and some fresh tomatoes will do just fine as well. I do find that eating egg with it keeps me satisfied for longer.Print
Because sometimes you don’t feel like eggs – tomatobread
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 200 gram almond flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (Italian or Greek)
- pepper and salt
- ½ tsp bicarb
- 50 gr hazelnuts
- 200 gr sundried tomatoes, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Mix the almond flour, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, herbs, pepper, salt and bicarb in a large bow. Mix well.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and the lemon juice. Stir together
- In another bowl whisk the eggs and add to the rest. Stir well. Add the (melted) tablespoon of coconut oil and pour in with the rest. Mix it al until it forms a firm mixture.
- Cover your caketin with bakingpaper and scoop the mixture into the tin. Press it into the tin with a spoon
- Cover with aluminium foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove the foil and place back for another 20 minutes or until golden
- Leave to cool completely before cutting and freeze in slices.
Want to keep up to date with the latest whole30 recipes and info?
Subscribe to our emaillist for acces to great info!