As promised here is the recipe for the chickpeas with spinach and chicken. Not so sexy photo but it’s just a quick snap shortly before I started eating it.
You can find all recipes on the recipe overview page. For this recipe you need just a few ingredients and I love to serve it with piccalilly.
Chickpeas with spinach and bell pepper
- 200 gr chickpeas from a can
- 1 red bell pepper
- 125 gr spinach
- 150 gr chicken filet in cubes
- pepper and salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp picallilly for serving
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well.
- Heat a skillet with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkle the chicken cubes with pepper and salt. Add other seasoning if you like. Fry in the skillet for a couple of minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until it becomes soft. Add the spinach – in stages if you have to – and let it wilt.
- Sprinkle the herbs over de dish and add the chickpeas to warm through.
- Serve the dish with some piccallily
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.