On busy days I love taking lunch with me or having something that is easy to prepare and ready in a flash. This salad fills all those boxes. It’s delicious and very easy and quick to make if you have leftover chicken. In fact it is a good idea to precook some chicken and have that stashed in batches in the fridge. If you know you’re gonna be home late, just take out and let if defrost to use in the evening. If you haven’t: poached the chicken really doesn’t require much time either.
Chicken fennel salad
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: salads
- 350 gram chicken fillet, boiled in salted water and cooled down
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, cut thinly and very briefly baked in coconut oil
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 apple
- 4 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut the bell pepper and the apple in cubes and the celery in small slices. Add together in a bowl
- Pull the chicken meat apart of cut into cubes as well.
- Heat a frying pan with coconut oil- and some olive oil and bake the fennel briefly until it becomes a bit translucent. Add the fennel to the rest of the vegetables. Add the chicken too.
- Make the dressing by mixing the mayo and the vinegar and add pepper and salt to taste
Want to keep up to date with the latest whole30 recipes and info?
Subscribe to our emaillist for acces to great info!